Guess What?

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Map_of_South_Carolina

Yep, we’re moving!

AGAIN!

Every one pick your mouth up off the floor because I know that’s where they’re at;-)

I know, I know. We just got here 9 months ago. So is life with the railroad.

When we built our home in Florida, we knew that we would be moving to Cincinnati but we didn’t know when. We lived every day for three years waiting on the call. When it came, we were glad that we just knew when we were leaving.

Try living every day wondering when you are moving 800 miles from home.

I told Gary that when we got to Cincy, we had to stay put for at least 2 1/2 years so that Caden could stay in one high school and graduate.

Then we moved.

We got here on November 7th and by the end of January we heard rumblings that Gary could get a promotion that would require yet another move.

I would not hear of it.

Then in April, we heard more rumblings. By then I had made it through my first big winter and was missing the south terribly. I had not adjusted to the north like I thought I would and come to find out, neither had Caden.

Gary and I had to really discuss what we would do if we got the call. I didn’t want to discuss it. I wanted Caden to be settled in his school and in our house.

But then my head took over and I let my heart go. I had to quit thinking about it from a mom’s point of view and think about it as something that was happening for me and Gary. We couldn’t pass up a promotion no matter what. (Okay, I lied. We could pass it up if it were to New York or Maryland. I couldn’t go anywhere colder!)

The only thing was telling Caden.

Another move. Another school. Another half year of living unsettled.

But come to find out, Caden was all for it. Maybe not the unsettled part but the south part. We had decided that if we got the call, we would have to take it. Now, the only thing was telling Caden. I told Gary that he would have to do it this time:)

It ended up that I told him and he was fine with it. He missed the south as much as I did and he wanted to move back.

We got the call last Friday.

Gary left Tuesday.

It all happened very quickly.

So now we are South Carolinians.

Y’all get to watch me decorate another house and go through the process all over again. Needless to say, I am a little overwhelmed. This is why I have been a little absent from the internet. Between vacation, Caden’s mouth surgery, a broken laptop, trying to find a school over the internet, and the transfer, it has been a busy month.

Now the question is what am I going to call my blog? Keep it the same name or rename it something else?

Priorities people, priorities;-)

Melanie

PS. I have added a lot of my blog friends to my blog roll. Please check them all out. If you see your name and would rather it not be there, let me know and I will take it off. I didn’t email everyone to ask if they minded that I put their blog on my roll. Thanks.