Pioneer Woman’s Mac & Cheese

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I love macaroni and cheese. I like it cooked on the stovetop with a rue or custard style baked in the oven.

I really wanted to love this recipe and I thought that I would. I used sharp white cheddar and it was really strong. Gary didn’t like the white like he does the regular.

It was easy to make but I made a mess while making it:-)

023 copy This is what it looked like before I put it in the oven.

025 copyAnd the final product.

026 copyVerdict: good but not a keeper. Gary definitely likes mine better. He loves the custard style the best. I liked it when it first came out of the oven but when I heated it up the next day, it wasn’t good. It had separated and wasn’t creamy. It also made a large amount. I ended up throwing it away:(

Hopefully next week I will have better luck.

Melanie