Couponing.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I've been couponing for the last few months.  I started slowly and just went to one grocery store.  I just took a class this past week from a girl here in my town that teaches some of her tricks.  I think that I needed to take the second class because I knew most of what she talked about.

So today, our Harris Teeter was offering double double coupons.  This is what I got.


Total spent $17.45!

My total before my coupons and store sales was $64.57!

Here is a break down:

2 Jello Temptations   Free plus .41 cents back

Kraft Shredded Cheese   4 bags @ $1.15 a bag

2 Smart Balance Milk  Free

Starbuck's Coffee  $3.00

Philly Cooking Cream Cheese  Free

Wisk Detergent   2 for $2.00

Lysol Cleaner  2 for $3.00

Dawn Detergent  .50 cents

Uncle Ben Rice  2 for $1.00

McCormick Inspirations  Free

Coffee Mate  2 for $4.70  That was the only thing that wasn't on sale.

That's a pretty good day if I do say so myself:)  It does take a little bit of time to match up the sales and the coupons but when you see the savings, it is so worth it.

Here is my little stockpile of stuff.


I'm off to a pretty good start.  I have found a lot of deals on cereal, deodorant, and shampoo.  I won't become like those people on Extreme Couponing:)  Have y'all seen that show?  It's really unbelievable.  They have another show coming up next month and I will be watching.

Do any of you coupon?

Mel