Help!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

ETA: Working on posting some other pictures of the black chairs in place of the couch.


Hello everyone! I am desperate for some help. I am going to show you some photos of our great room and ask for some advice.

This room is long and not square. We just bought furniture last August before we moved to Cincinnati and I am really trying not to have to buy anything else.

That's my problem.

In all the photos you will see a bunch of junk and I am embarrassed for y'all to see it but we just moved in and it is still a mess. So forgive the vacuum cleaner, the Uggs, the ladder....you get the picture.

So here we go.

This is the long wall. Gary wants to put the couch on that wall and buy a love seat. It would look best but I don't want to spend the money. We had the couch there and this morning I moved it around. This is what it looks like now.

With the room being long, it just isn't working right. Nothing is coming together the way it should.

I like walking in and seeing this.

If we bought a love seat, you would still see the sofa table when you came in but that is what I am trying to NOT do. Buy another piece of furniture.

So I thought about moving my chairs from the kitchen into the great room. They would be beautiful to see when you came in because they have a pretty back to them and some great fabric. I could then move the sofa table to the foyer wall. We don't have anything to put on that wall either:(

I would have to buy another rug though and there wouldn't be anything in the kitchen. So my question for all of you is do I buy a love seat and move the couch back to the long wall? OR do I move the chairs from the kitchen into the great room and buy a new rug?

I have a couple of options.

1. is buy a love seat and move the couch onto the long wall.
2. is move the chairs from the kitchen into the great room and buy a new rug.
3. is just leave it has I have showed y'all and wait on the love seat or just decorate around the long wall.

Thoughts?

And here is a little peak at the black dining room. I am going to have to redecorate it and have some roman shades made for the windows. I am thinking a yummy fabric for those. We get the afternoon sun and it will fade my furniture so they are a must. I will show you the room whenever I get the light changed out and get it decorated. Some thought is going to have to go into that room too. ;-)

But for now, here it is.

So help a girl out! I'm ready to hear all your thoughts. Bring it on.

Mel