Unpacked!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All 220 boxes are unpacked!

We've lived here a week.

Some stuff went to the dump and the rest went upstairs to the bonus room. But, the boxes are unpacked. Gary is very happy about that. He seems to like all the boxes unpacked even if it means stuff sitting all around. We kinda differ about that system but it's okay.

The painter is finished. He is coming back at the end of the week to re stain my front door and paint the garage doors. He has two places at the top of the stairs to finish up but he will need some help with that. BUT he is all finished with the house. So today I will be cleaning up and we will move all the furniture back and place it where it is suppose to be. I don't have a picture yet but I will say the black dining room is to die for;-) Pictures will be coming soon.

Yesterday, we ran across this.

This is a broken drawer (or is it draw?) on Gary's Nana's sewing machine. We had it refinished when we lived in Georgia. I am thinking of using it as an end table. I am not going to fix it until the claims people come out and look at everything. Our stuff really got damaged with this move. I am regretting the decision to use Suddath. They were suggested by some other railroad workers that had just moved but I have not had good luck with them. I am thinking that it is the guys that they use here in SC that has been the problem.

Anyway, my dryer is not fixed yet either. The repair guy couldn't get out here until Monday and he said that it was a burned up part. I told him him that it was just a year old and he said that if it was under a year, it would be under warranty. So off I went to find the receipt. If you can believe it, I found the receipt in all of the mess and guess what the date was? November 8th and it was November 8th! Praise God that it was under warranty! He will be back at the end of the week or early next week to fix it. Until then, I am washing clothes today at home and then going to the Laundromat to dry everything.

Always something, isn't it?

So today I will be cleaning and doing laundry. Thank goodness for Gary being at home. He has really pushed me and helped me out. Hoping that by the end of the week, I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am going to have a few giveaways in the next couple of weeks. I want to thank you all for your love and support during this trying time that we have been through. I am also going to list a few things and you girls can decide if you would like to purchase anything. I will wait and do that this weekend.

So check back soon. A thank you is coming.

Have a good Wednesday,

Melanie