Barking Dogs.

Friday, December 10, 2010

I have a dilemma. There is a barking dog that lives on the street behind us and he is barking all the time!

He woke me up twice last weekend very early in the morning and then this morning he woke me up at 5 am. 5 am! I think that it is rude to let your dog out, leave him, and let him bark at everything. I don't know what to do.

My next door neighbor said that she could give me their phone number but I told her that I would tough it out. That was before the dog woke me up this morning.

I don't want to be 'that neighbor' but I also don't won't to be woke up at 5 am three mornings a week. When I let Bit out late at night or early in the morning, I don't even let the screened porch door slam. I close it myself so that I don't disturb the neighbors. I wish they would be more considerate of all of us.

I didn't go to bed until 12:30 this morning, so to be woke up by a dog has not started my Friday off on a good note:(

I sleep with a box fan going, ear plugs, and a sleeping pill. I don't know what else to do to not hear the dog.

So what would you do? Try and tough it out for a while or give them a friendly call? I was wondering if I could find one of those bark things that they advertise on TV. I don't know if it is something you can hang outside or if it is something that you have to press a button. If it is the latter, that wouldn't work because I would already be woke up by that time.

So what are y'alls thoughts?

Mel