Our Traditional Christmas Tree.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I am a traditionalist when it comes to a Christmas tree. I have ornaments that I have collected for the past 20 years of marriage. I have things that Caden has made over the years, ornaments from the places we have been, and just ones that I love.

We have had the same Christmas tree of about 15 years. I got it for $25.00 from Michaels and it was big, round, and gorgeous. When we moved in last month, I decided that it was time for a new one. I wanted one that already had lights on it since that is the thing that I hate to do most each year. Caden and I went to Sam's Club and bought a 9 ft. skinny tree. I don't know if the hubby is loving the skinny one but he will get use to it:)

Caden promised me that he would help me put it up and so this is where we started out this past Saturday.

Then we had to take a moment to watch the football game;-)

All the while, crazy was watching me.

The nice mess that decorating creates. (like I needed another mess)

So here is our traditional Christmas tree. Warning: heavy photo post:)

Now for some of my favorite ornaments and what they mean to me.

My favorite place to visit.

Our favorite college football team.

My cutie patootie snowman.

Our family.

A reminder of our trip to Crater Lake.

Our 2007 trip to The Rockies.

My favorite jingle bell snowman.

Our yearly ornament that we collected when Caden was born.

The lighthouse that we visited on the Oregon Coast. Ironically it says Florence Oregon. So funny that we have lived in Florence Kentucky and now Florence South Carolina:) I guess Florence has some kind of meaning in our lives.

Letters to Santa.

Now for the nighttime shots.


My sweet boy at the age of 4:)

A reindeer that Caden made and a train;-)

Looking up:)

After not having a Christmas tree last year, I think I did a good job by just getting one up this year. Moving twice in the last year, during the holidays, is just not recommended! I was thinking that I need a topper and some ribbon on the tree but after standing back and looking at it, I am happy just the way it is. Now I just to get some presents under it.

Merry Christmas!

Melanie

Linking to The Pleated Poppy Thrift Decor Chick Southern In My Heart Dittle Dattle
Savvy Southern Style Met Monday My Romantic Home The Shabby Chic Cottage

Domestically Speaking House of Hepworths Hooked on Houses Coastal Charm