Kindle, I love you!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Look what I got!

Kindle2 Yes, I couldn’t stand it. I told you about it on a Tuesday and by Friday, it was at my front door:)

I have wanted one since they first came out but I was waiting on them to drop the price. When I saw that it was now $189.00, I just couldn’t pass it up. I thought about it for a couple of days and I woke up one morning and hit enter.

I {heart} one click shopping.

Had I have known how great the Kindle was going to be, I probably wouldn’t have waited for the price to go down.

Kindle1It came in a cute little box with some cute little instructions. It was already set up when I cut it on and it is very easy to learn how to navigate.

Kindle4You can even put PDF files on it. I already have my photography lessons ready to read whenever I want to. That sold me:)

They say that it takes less than 60 seconds to download a book but it has only taken about 10 or 15 seconds. I love that you can read the first chapter of a book before you buy it and the best thing is that I can make the font bigger. My 42 yr. old eyes have had to resort to reading glasses now so that is a big plus for me.

I will never give up books but I will enjoy taking this on vacation and I will always have it in my purse when I leave the house.

This is my new favorite toy. I love gadgets. I would have them all if I could afford them. I told Gary that I don’t really like to buy clothes but I make up for it in expensive gadgets. Give me a new lens, an IPod Touch, and now the Kindle. I will take those things over clothes any day. I think he is happy that I don’t care about clothes that much. I might have to get a job if I did.

I think that my Kindle needs a name. Caden thinks that I am crazy but I think I have to name him. I don’t normally name my things but I’m thinking this new toy needs one.

Any thoughts?

Melanie