Pioneer Woman’s Tomato & Pesto Pizza

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This week I asked Denise if we could change our recipe from sugar cookies to pizza because I knew that I would not be able to resist eating them. I made this pizza while I was in Georgia so I actually didn’t have to make anything this week.

Pizza 2 copyWhile I enjoyed the fresh ingredients on the pizza, I did not enjoy the crust.

Pizza 4 copyThe crust had no flavor and was a little bit dry and crumbly.

Pizza 6 copyVerdict: I would not make this again. I follow Smitten Kitchen and she has a wonderful dough recipe. It has honey and white wine in it and I haven’t found another crust recipe that is as good as that one. Caden and Gary love that crust the best. It took me a few times to get the hang of it but I kept at it and finally got it down.

I would definitely suggest checking out Smitten Kitchen and trying some of her recipes and if you are in the mood for homemade pizza, try her crust.

You won’t regret it:)

Melanie