Home.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I made it home last night.

I was greeted by this guy.

And he brought me these.

And this.

I love that man:)

Anyhoo, it was a long four days but the house is packed up and on its way to a storage facility in South Carolina. It took a day and a half to pack everything up and ten, yes TEN, hours to load it onto the semi. I thought that they would never finish! I think that they were slow and the driver was not much help. But they finally got it all done and left around 5:30 pm.

I didn't even take photos of the empty house nor did I take a photo of the truck leaving. It is kinda like having your second child. You document everything with the first but when the second one comes along, not so much.

That's just what people tell me that have had more than one child:)

I am just glad that it is over with. I will say that I am trying not to think about the 220 boxes that I will be unpacking in the next month. I will also not be thinking about all the furniture that I will have to list on Craigslist.

Speaking of Craigslist, have any of you used it before? If so, would you offer up some advice on the do's and don'ts. I was thinking of having a virtual yardsale too. My blog friend Jeanette had one a couple of years ago and I bought some things from her. I thought it might be a fun way for some of my things to find a new home that would love them as much as I do. Chime in on that thought too.

And the last bit of news I have to share is that the bank accepted our offer. We had to submit an offer to the bank even though the house wasn't in foreclosure. We do think that it was headed that way but the offer had to go through them instead of the builder. I didn't really care about who the offer went to, I just wanted an answer:) So now we have an answer and know where we will be living. We close on the 22nd and will move in by November.

Thanks to every one for the words of encouragement and the support that y'all have shown me. I am so happy that y'all take time out of your lives to stop by and read my little old blog. It means a lot to me.

Hope every one has a great week.

Melanie