Let's Do Lunch.

Monday, October 25, 2010

I wanted to tell y'all about the wonderful lunch that Gary and I had while we were at the Farmers Market in San Francisco. (you can read about the market here.) There was a lot of vendors there cooking on the spot so we decided to try one.

Now I will start off by saying that I am married to a meat and potatoes kinda guy. He doesn't eat any veggies, condiments or salad. It can sometimes be a challenge but he has expanded his taste buds in the 20 years that we have been together. He sometimes will call me and read something off the menu and ask me if he will like it.

Yes, he does. THAT is how long we have been together:)

So here are some pictures of our yummy lunch.

You know you can't go wrong when there is a line like this.

Look at that pork on the rotisserie.

This is the menu. I don't know if you know what Porchetta is but it is a pig that is gutted and then layered with meat & fat and rolled up. I couldn't believe that Gary tried it but he did and he loved it.

I got mine with everything on it. Doesn't it look delish?

Gary got his plain.

Look at all that meat and it had that fatty pork skin on it. It had crunch and was juicy.

We had rosemary potatoes and a coke with our sandwich. It was probably the best thing I ate while we were in San Franciso. We have been to San Francisco 3 times but we have never had great food and it is a foodie town. Our stomaches were never on the west coast time and so we had to eat whatever we could find. This was one time that our meal was wonderful.

I would highly recommend trying the porchetta sandwich if you find yourself at the Farmers Market.

Now I am off to find something to eat:)

Melanie