The Farmers Market in San Francisco.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On our second day in San Francisco, I took Gary to the farmers market. Okay, maybe I didn't take him along but I did ask him to take me;-) We let the teenager sleep in while we went and enjoyed food, flowers, and handmade things.

This is the first thing that we came upon. Everything and I mean everything is beautiful out there. I guess their climate is perfect to grow anything. And I tell you, they grow it.

Just look at the veggies. They are beautiful and on a sidenote, I didn't photoshop any of the pictures. Everything really is that bold and beautiful.

I wanted to take home some flowers but of course I wasn't going home. How nice would it be to go to the farmers market and buy your fresh ingredients for supper and pick of flowers for the table?

And then we headed inside. My oh my did I think that I had died and gone to dessert heaven.

I tried my first macaroon from this shop. It was the chocolate lavender one and I have to say that it did not live up to all the hype.



And then there was the bread. Oh the bread:)

Then we headed to The Cowgirl Creamery. I would have bought every typed of cheese they had if I could have.



After walking around and enjoying all the fruits, vegetables, flowers, and desserts, we headed outside and bought our lunch. I can't wait to show you what we got. I couldn't believe that Gary tried it and loved it.

We had a nice lunch outside at the farmers market and I will tell you about that next.

Ta Ta for now,

Melanie